Family teams are created in honor of a child who receives services, or has in the past received services from the Delta Gamma Center. Team captains engage their families, friends, coworkers, members of their faith community, social and professional organizations. Last year one team had 100 members!
There are many ways for someone to join a team and support a DGC family they care about: register for the race, make a donation, buy a t-shirt, sponsor the event, and recruit others to do the same.
Team Captain Incentives
- Top fundraising team: In addition to the photo shoot by Julie Villhard a value of $600, the top fundraising team raising more than $5,000 will receive a Shakespeare Festival VIP Package (poster, reserved seating for four and reserved parking), and a family membership to the organization of your choice.*
- The top four fundraising teams raising more than $5,000 will receive a professional family outdoor photo shoot by Julie Villhard.
- Teams raising more than $3,000 will receive will receive a family membership* to the organization of your choice and a $50 gift card to your choice of entertainment activities.*
- Teams raising more than $2,000 will receive a $50 gift card to your choice of entertainment activities* and a DGC branded ¼ zip shirt.
- Teams raising more than $1,000 will receive a DGC branded ¼ zip shirt.
- The biggest team based on the total number of supporters (paid race registrants, donors, and t-shirt purchasers) will receive a professional family outdoor photo shoot by Julie Villhard a value of $600
* Family membership choices: Magic House or one of the St. Louis Museum District Organizations: St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis Science Center, Missouri Botanical Garden, or Missouri History Museum.
Entertainment activities choices: Splash City, Rock the Spectrum, Edison’s Entertainment Complex, Epic Laser Tag & Sports Arena, or Sky Zone.
The first step is for the team captain to create a DGC Family Team. The captain will be the point person for all family team correspondence. After your team has been created, you can share the link to your Family Team Page with friends, family, co-workers, and others you want to invite to join your family team.
Family Teams have been very successful in raising funds and awareness for children with visual impairments and the Delta Gamma Center. Team captains and their members have fun finding creative ways to raise money and coming together on race day to show they care for a DGC kids. As a Run for Sight fundraiser, we appreciate all of the time, passion and dedication you give to our families and this cause. When you fundraise for Delta Gamma Center, you are helping us in our mission to help children who are blind or visually impaired reach their full potential.